Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Found History

Threaded Mode | Print  

Found History, Photos (0 Replies, Read 12869 times)
aldog
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I've been a "fan" of the AVG for many years.  They and Hopalong Casidy, Roy Rogers, and Gene Autry.  The AVG are my defination of what a hero is.  Some friends of mine just gave me some photo's they got at an estate sale for my 69th birthday.  There is one color slide, quite a few negatives, a large group foto that is about 6"x 36" of 3 P40's with personnel and a series of pictures of a troop ship arriving /departing with a large sign saying "2572 vets"  with a CBI and the emblem.  I'm planning on having the negatives developed, the large photo restored/repaired since it is torn and would like to share them with others or donate them if they are of historical importance.  I understand the material was purchased from the estate of a "Smith".  They think he was a major, but not a pilot,  but was involved in ground operations.  Perhaps in maintenance, communications, administrations, etc.  I'll be able to supply more info after I have a chance to study the negatives and come up with some ID's of the planes involved.  There are several negatives of a P40 which had nosed over. 
Looking forward to solving the mystry and finding a proper home for this material.
PS.  This is the first time I've posted and if I screwed up, forgive me.  Thanks.  Al Dog
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
chuckbaisden, Shawn, puailihau, dlmitx81, BradSmith, BillC, marathondon, BenL, Eileen, Bartelt, susan_jimison, RLWillett, SilverDollar, slingshot392, aldog, woodward, 36tbird, Miha, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Found History