Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Fritz Wolf WWII Memorabilia

Threaded Mode | Print  

Fritz Wolf WWII Memorabilia (3 Replies, Read 14843 times)
RickWolf
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I just wanted everyone to know that I finally donated Fritz E. Wolf's WWII memorabilia to the Wisconsin Veterans Museum in Madison, Wisconsin. After 15 years of being the custodian of this material I felt it was time to let other people enjoy it. History is very important and this is a little piece of it.  On the 27th of Jan. of this year my family, close friends and I had the opportunity to see the exhibit for the first time. When I walked up to it and glazed over the exhibit it immediately brought tears to my eyes. Like my father, when I cry, it means something to me. The museum staff went above and beyond my wildest expectation. Knowing that thousands of people will have the chance to see this exhibit brings great pride to me and my family. The president of the Wisconsin Aviation Hall of Fame was there also and she took a few pictures of the exhibit to post on their face book website. If you go to it it will give you some idea of what it looks like. Of course seeing it in person will give you a better perspective of how it was set up. One thing that makes it impressive is the touch screen that is housed in a cabinet along side the exhibit. The touch screen has many pictures and newspaper articles about my dad along with a home movie that was taken when he came home to Shawano after his tour with the AVG. The movie was made with no sound but was in color. I truly hope that if you are ever in Madison, Wisconsin you have the opportunity to visit this museum. It is very impressive. The museum is located on the square right across from the capital.

Edited by RickWolf : January 30, 2012, 3:40 pm
IP: --   

Fritz Wolf WWII Memorabilia
SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
Thanks for updating us about the museum.  I'll definitely take a look at the Facebook website.  You did a great thing.  Edit. I went onto the Facebook site and took a look at how they did the setup and I was very impressed.  From what I could see, they did a fantastic job.  It's too bad we don't have more displays of this kind in museums around the country. 

Edited by SilverDollar : January 31, 2012, 8:40 am

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

BillC
Congratulations Rick. Way to go. I know your dad would be proud of your continued efforts. ALWAYS like to see the AVG properly honored.

BillC
Rick, Thanks for sending a copy of The Bugle, the Wisconsin Veteran's Museum magazine. Got a few goosebumps from your article about your father. Hope you realize what you have there...is the outline of the Fritz Wolf biography that I look forward to you writing. You have so much information on your dad....please write that book. We can never have too many additions to the AVG story....P.S. please send me your home e-mail address. I seem to only have your former school/work e-mail. Again, congratulations on the tribute to Fritz Wolf.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, RickWolf, Shawn, aaatripp, Highlander, BradSmith, BillC, 3AVG@Toungoo, SilverDollar, bbischoff64, gemiller111, CodyPaul, luke, Thieleng, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Fritz Wolf WWII Memorabilia