Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Can you identify this AVG member

Threaded Mode | Print  

Can you identify this AVG member, Possible unknown AVG member picture (6 Replies, Read 2143 times)
Jchristian
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Attached is a picture I found in my Grandfather's papers showing what I believe to be a AVG Flying Tiger.  The picture is dated 11/5/1942 and in it it looks as if the AVG member is a wing man (based on the shoulder tabs) and is wearing a Chinese Air Force cap.  My grandfather (on the right) appears to be wearing the AVG member's AVG pin.  This was an event in New Jersey.  With my software I am unable to identify the shoulder patch. 

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide. 

Edited by Jchristian : November 9, 2017, 11:16 am
IP: --   

Can you identify this AVG member
mickelman
My guess would be a CNAC pilot, especially if the date is correct.

Jchristian
What can't be seen because I had to crop the pic to reduce size is that there is a speaking platform in n the background with a P40 cut out with the flying tiger paint scheme on each side.  This is why I think it is an AVG wingman.  I will try to get the full photo up.

BenL
That appears to be John Croft. Many Ex- AVGers were asked to appear in functions to help support the war and this seems to be  the case.

BenL
Here is a picture of Croft.

Jchristian
That has to be him.  I found another pic online with him and Pappy Boyington and it looks like a match all around.  I will be providing this unknown photo to this website for use at no charge and no restrictions.  Thank you for filling in a piece of my family history.

Jchristian
As Promised

Edited by Jchristian : November 13, 2017, 1:31 pm

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
dlmitx81, aaatripp, BenL, mickelman, Jchristian

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Can you identify this AVG member