Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Missing Names

Threaded Mode | Print  

Missing Names
BillC
Group: Member
Post Group: Elite Member
A wild story that doesn't pass the smell test, vague and evasive responses, claims that can't be verified, and an apparent unwillingness to provide specific information beyond disjointed bits and pieces just doesn't indicate someone on the up an up. If this was legitimate, one would take more time than a 5 minute phone call and get ALL the claimed facts organized ....and have their "notes" at hand to answer any and ALL questions...many which have yet gone unanswered. By all appearances...a charade.

Edited by BillC : October 22, 2010, 1:28 pm
IP: --   

Missing Names
BillC
I challenge you to contact one of the moderators with your grandfather's phone number. Let one of them contact him and we'll soon find out what's real and what isn't.

Missing Names
hawkadoodle
Post Group: Newbie
I have no problem having one of you contact him. I will ask his permission first. But I don't think it will be a problem. The 5 min phone calls are mine not his and noone is trying to be deliberately evasive. It is my fault for not gathering all the information before beginning to post, I just got so excited in finding you guys on line, I just began posting as I spoke with him. ( I thought this would be easy. LOL )  I know Chuck was over there with the 3rd? squad( I found that from you all mentioning his book) as I know some of the guys my grand pa has mentioned to me were. (Chuck was a pretty Handsome guy back then too. but thats got nothing to do with this,  just a side bar. LOL) Are any of the moderators AVG or are they family Historians? ( sorry  I don't know the moderator's backgrounds) Any Panda's that might know him directly if they talk? I have been trying to reach him all day but haven't been able to. Again I will be more than happy to have one of you guys call him and as I said I'm sure he'd appreciate it to. 

Edited by hawkadoodle : October 22, 2010, 5:56 pm

Missing Names
hawkadoodle
and Bill you can be snippy with me, not him, he's trying his best to get things across to me but I can be scattered in my questions. not really knowing what to ask I'm all over the place. Someone this morning gave me some direct questions to ask and that wil make things easier for me when I talk to him, and answer you. Plus if/when somebody from your group talks to him that I'm sure will help alot. Thank you again

Edited by hawkadoodle : October 22, 2010, 4:50 pm

Missing Names
BillC
I look forward to having this 'story' clarified. I'm sure an interview by someone who was actually there will confirm things...one way or another. Make a believer out of me. BTW, anyone who was actually in the 2nd squadron would know to call it by it's correct nickname, "The Panda Bears". Just one more inconsistency that adds to the lack of credibility.

Edited by BillC : October 23, 2010, 12:31 am

Missing Names
hawkadoodle
Hi Bill, he as only ever referred to his squad as the pandas or panda bears, or the 3rd as the hell's angels etc.. I thought he was making "those" up. I had never heard of them when my son's teacher taught about the flying tigers. When my grandpa referred to your 3 original groups I just chuckled to myself thinking he was telling stories. Especially since when my son mentioned them to his teacher he said he knew of "no such thing"

Missing Names
BillC
Put one of the moderators in touch with your grandfather. Your responses have not clarified anything. If anything, they just muddy the waters further. Put him in touch with one of the moderators. Nothing else will do. No amount of snippets or corrections, to try to conform the story to the latest post, accomplish anything of a positive nature. If you want to prove your/his story...PUT HIM IN TOUCH WITH THE MODERATORS. If he/you are legit...one phone call with them can prove it. Anything less is a waste of time.

Edited by BillC : October 23, 2010, 12:50 pm

Missing Names
hawkadoodle
As I asked before what moderator and how?

Missing Names
hawkadoodle
ps if you do go to my very first post you will notice I ask about the Pandas and not something else.

Missing Names
BillC
Index page, you have to go to that page before you get here. Under  both 'Generals' & 'Public Discussion', 3 moderators are listed. E-mail the phone number...and his name, if you have decided on one.

Edited by BillC : October 23, 2010, 10:51 pm

Missing Names
BillC
Quote From : hawkadoodle October 23, 2010, 8:38 pm
ps if you do go to my very first post you will notice I ask about the Pandas and not something else.
??????????....and you were informed that none of those men, including the different names of your grandfather were in the AVG. This is pointless, like a dog chasing it's tail. You've provided no concrete, confirm-able information to back your story, so let your 'grandfather' tell the tale to an authority on the AVG and see if 'he' can provide a clear and concise telling of the "phantom" member of the AVG. There is nothing more to be said.

Edited by BillC : October 23, 2010, 11:23 pm

Missing Names
BenL
Hawkadoodle,
I know that you are trying to do this for your grandfather. Try doing a search of Robert Moose Moss on google and read through the results, see if any of this apply to your grandfather. You can also go to your local library and request a copy of "The Pictorial History of the Flying Tigers" By Larry Pistole, there are plenty of pictures of Moose Moss and see if they resemble your grandfather. Please let us know what you can find out.

Missing Names
mayor
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
Please, someone put a muzzle on BillC ;-D

@hawkadoodle.........you'll have to excuse some of the responses.......there have probably been more vets that have claimed to have been in the AVG than any other unit in WWII. Many in the AAF that came to be in the China Task Force and were not original AVG, claimed to be "Flying Tigers" as well.

I think the best idea is to have your grandfather talk to one of the moderators, here and get the info straight from him. Any one of them will be able to help you. In this day and age, it's very important to get the correct oral histories from the vets of WWII as they are leaving us, fast.

Missing Names
BillC
Yes...Please someone muzzle me...to keep me from standing up for the AVG...to protect their integrity...from someone who puts forth a crazy story....then feels the need to edit most of their posts/claims...."hawkadoodle" provided NOTHING in the way of facts to back up the bizarre story that was being told...Often the forum encounters well meaning people who don't understand the difference between the ORIGINAL Flying Tigers...and their relative who was in one of the later units. Not a problem....But when someone claims to have been an original member of the AVG...and has NOTHING to back it up....EXCUSE ME... for being skeptical. If 'hawkadoodle's' grandfather was a LEGITIMATE member of the AVG...it would be a simple matter to provide the proof. The FACT that this person has NOT provided one piece of evidence to back their story....and IN FACT....has NOT made any effort to contact a moderator, so that his/her 'grandfather' can provide his bona fides...speaks louder than ANYTHING that I can say.........I am hopeful that the moderators will 'lock' this waste of time.

Edited by BillC : October 30, 2010, 2:29 am

Missing Names
chuckbaisden
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Working Member
:xd:

Well said.

Chuck Baisden

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, robertm, chuckbaisden, Shawn, TexLonghorn, worldraft, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, marathondon, BenL, Bartelt, CarolePetach, SilverDollar, hc8mm, 04397, hawkadoodle, stonemanherny, ahlgren, bigirish6, k-owens, Alzha, rjm65, slingshot392, woodward, charlie744, Artifact53, gemiller111

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Missing Names