Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Chinese American Victory pin

Threaded Mode | Print  

Chinese American Victory pin (4 Replies, Read 15549 times)
hc8mm
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I posted this on a few forums asking about this piece. It is a Chinese-American Victory pin/badge.

It says on the front "Chinese-American Cooperation, Fight for Victory"
On the reverse has "ROC 8 years of struggle (I think), a gift from the Chinese 5th Army"

Somebody suggested it is an AVG piece... and I never realised that the letters A and V with the weird yellow shape all say AVG. I thought the V was for "Victory" and the A I had no clue. Obviously, the group only last for a short period and this was made on or after 1945, so maybe awarded on a later date?

Do you all think it has anything to do with the Flying Tigers?

Board Image
Board Image
Board Image
IP: --   

Chinese American Victory pin
chuckbaisden
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Working Member
:??:

I ever saw one in China or any  place else.

Chuck Baisden
AVG 3rd SQDN

SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
I never saw anything like that either.  If it was made in or around 1945 I would assume it's related to the American military in the CBI somewhere not the AVG.  That came to an end in July 42.  I can't read Chinese but I do know the first two characters are Chung and Mei meaning China and America. match.  Then again, I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination in the Chinese language.  Either way I think it's a cool piece and a very nice collectible.  It's definitely worth more research.   

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

hc8mm
Thanks Chuck and SilverDollar, I appreciate the help.

I assumed it was just a simple CBI piece instead, so I didn't bet all my money it was an Flying Tigers piece. It was a good deal off ebay.

TexLonghorn
A friend of mine in Hong Kong had this to say about the medal:

This is a pin issued just before the end of the war saying “Americans and Chinese working together for eight years striving towards victory”

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
chuckbaisden, Shawn, puailihau, TexLonghorn, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, BenL, CarolePetach, SilverDollar, hc8mm, hawkadoodle, k-owens, CodyPaul, markeyismarc, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Chinese American Victory pin