Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : New in town

Threaded Mode | Print  

New in town (3 Replies, Read 13010 times)
tibor
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Hi Folks,

New to the forum.  I've been a long-time AVG fan (since about 1972 or so) and have collected a pretty good library on the group and the P-40 over the years.  I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with RT Smith a couple times up in Oshkosh before he passed away.  Genuinely enjoyed his book and we shared a good chuckle over his general annoyance with the British, which he grinned and pointed out, was a long time ago under tough conditions.  I have a few pics of us together, me grinning like an idiot who'd just met his hero (I had). 

Anyway, I've lurked here and always enjoyed the integrity shown to the group.  Also, nice to see Chuck Baisden posting.  My highest regards, sir. 
IP: --   

New in town
SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
Hey tibor, welcome to the site. I talked a few times with R.T Smith also but only over the phone.  I would have loved to meet him in person.  He was a great guy. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

New in town
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Tibor----you'll enjoy watching FEI HU......lots of interview time with RT and many
other Tigers.  You can order it at the Gift/Memorabilia page of this website.  I can
still hear RT's chuckle......

Tripp

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

New in town
tibor
Post Group: Newbie
Thanks much, Tripp!  I'd kinda forgotten there was a lot more here than the message boards as I had it bookmarked right at the boards.  Good suggestion and a lot of great stuff over there.  I'll send an order.

And thanks for the welcome SilverDollar.  It's now a regular stop for me at the keyboard. 

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
chuckbaisden, Shawn, TexLonghorn, FrankPatton, aaatripp, BillC, Bartelt, SilverDollar, rjm65, tibor, hartzer, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : New in town