Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Beware of possible scam

Threaded Mode | Print  

Beware of possible scam (3 Replies, Read 15258 times)
BillC
Group: Member
Post Group: Elite Member
Just after getting a call from Jack Bond about an e-mail that he got from "Bob Andrade", I also received an e-mail from someone claiming to be Bob Andrade. The message states that he is in London, and has been robbed. The message asks for $2500 to be sent Western Union asap. This smells very fishy, as I don't know Bob well enough that he would ask me for money. I assume someone has gotten into his e-mail account and is sending this message to everyone on his contact list. I replied, inquiring how he knows me...to see if there would be a valid reply. So, I would be very reluctant to send any money till one could actually confirm this story, should any other forum members receive a similar message....I also recently received an invitation from "Bob", stating that he had posted some pictures on a website, and that I needed to 'confirm our relationship', to see the photos. The link supplied took me to a page that asked me to sign in to my e-mail account. No doubt, this would have provided someone with my email & password information. I'm hoping that Bob will see this post and set us straight.........Several hours later...I have not received a reply from the person claiming to be Bob Andrade. Since this person was anxiously awaiting my reply....I can only conclude that this is an imposter using Bob's good name in an attempt to weasel money from Bob's acquaintances. Send NO money to this scam.

Edited by BillC : January 30, 2011, 2:21 am
IP: --   

Beware of possible scam
puailihau
Post Group: Working Newbie
I received one as well.  I deleted it.

Beware of possible scam
avgbob
Post Group: Newbie
Yes. It happend to me! It also happened to my daughter in Washington a couple of years ago, and other people; the same message. It could happen to anyone. I lost everything, all of my contacts, etc.  I am staring from scratch. My new email is avghistorian@gmail.com

Beware of possible scam
mayor
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
I have not had this happen to me, but I've heard of people that were scammed by it. In many cases, they seem to target the elderly, but it's not necessarily limited to them.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
chuckbaisden, WayneForshey, Shawn, puailihau, TexLonghorn, worldraft, dlmitx81, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, BenL, Eileen, Bartelt, avgbob, annwetherell, hc8mm, tibor, P&SJenkins, markap40, hartzer, 36tbird, a2jacketpatches, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Beware of possible scam