Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Have you seen this Tiger's site?

Threaded Mode | Print  

Have you seen this Tiger's site? (12 Replies, Read 20523 times)
mayor
Group: Member
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
I ran across this site, "Flying Tigers US" the other day and wondered if anyone else had seen or used it. It has a lot of photos of the Flying Tigers.

http://flyingtigersus.ning.com/
IP: --   

Have you seen this Tiger's site?
slingshot392
Post Group: Newbie
Thanks, that site has some nice photos on it.

-----------------------
P-40 Warhawk
http://www.p40warhawk.com/

mayor
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
If any of you, more knowledgeable than I am about the AVG, could look at some of the stories on this site and tell me that some of the info they use looks like it comes out of the pr for the 14th AF.

Other things they say may seem minor, but as a whole, it seems like they got their info out of what the media usually puts out and we all know how inaccurate they can be.

aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Yes, I've been registered on that site for over a year now.  They have many photos and Brad Smith has sent in many of the photos from his dad.  There are various stories and you'll note that there are many subjects covered.  Lots of enthusiasm in covering and paying homage to the Tigers.  There are some errors, but the website owner is very receptive to corrections to set the story straight.

The main emphasis of that site is to honor the Tigers and to use this to inspire young people who have an interest in flight instruction.  Another group which honors the Tigers is the Living History Group which is found at:
    https://sites.google.com/a/avglivinghistorygroup.com/main/ < br />
Tripp

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
Hey Brad.  Glad to see you joined up.  You're going to get the best, most accurate info here about the AVG.  These folks really know their history. 

Hey Tripp.  I'm glad to see you as a member of the Flying Tigers US site.  At first, I was a bit wary of it but if you're there, I know it's got to be a good site.  Lots of great pics.  I think I'll register there too. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

puailihau
Post Group: Working Newbie
www.avglivinghistorygroup.com has photos throughout site.  Go to events page.  We have followed the history of the AVG footsteps and have been to China, San Francisco and Los Angeles. :)

Edited by puailihau : May 9, 2011, 12:20 pm

T-townsteve
I have in my possession a flying tiger blood chit made out of leather sometime in the 40's in china, it was found about 60 or 70 years ago in a house in Glenwood Arkansas by my wife's granddad who dealt in real-estate back then. Does anyone have information that might lead me, to who may have left it there?

aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Richard Peacher (flyingpeach) is the best source on this type of item and monitors
this Forum.

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

BillC
While it's certainly possible that the blood chit is from an 'original' Flying Tiger, the odds are against it. Only 254 'original' Flying Tigers. 20,000+ 'post' AVG 'tigers'.

SilverDollar
I've got 2 blood chits.  One is embroidered on silk.  I'm sure it's a real chit but definitely post AVG.  I don't believe the Tigers had anything like that.  The other one has a 5 digit serial number and that is also definitely post AVG.  If you read the book The Story of the Blood Chit, it will give you some idea of the production numbers. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

T-townsteve
a picture is on the way. we had it framed for my wife's father who later gave it to my son

T-townsteve
I sure would like to know The Flying Peach's E-mail so that maybe I can find some information

BillC
He will be an excellent authority on the subject.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, chuckbaisden, Shawn, puailihau, aaatripp, Highlander, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, murphy7104, marathondon, BenL, Radar21, Bartelt, Flight370, RLWillett, SilverDollar, slingshot392, T-townsteve, bbischoff64, buxnet, 36tbird, CrewChief214, charlie744, Miha, Tigerson, a2jacketpatches, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Have you seen this Tiger's site?