Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Merchandise purchase

Threaded Mode | Print  

Merchandise purchase (5 Replies, Read 17627 times)
bbischoff64
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Who do I contact to purchase from the association? I am interested in the print from John D. Shaw titled, "Tigers in the Gorge"
IP: --   

Merchandise purchase
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
On this website you will find the Memorabilia section with info. on items which are
available and ordering procedures.
Tripp

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

Merchandise purchase
BillC
Post Group: Elite Member
Here's the link to the memorabilia page: http://www.flyingtigersavg.com/tiger7.htm  At the bottom of the page is a link for the order form you'll need to print out : http://www.flyingtigersavg.com/oldorderform.html  The address to send to is on the order form. A money order will get your purchase on the way more quickly.....However, the print you mentioned is no longer listed on the memorabilia page. You might inquire if the FTA can get additional copies for sale. In the past, they were able to get me a print that they no longer listed. It was "Tigers Over China-1942" by Roy Grinnell.  It featured 1st Squadron pilots Dick Rossi, Jim Cross, and John Dean..No guarantees, but it's worth a try. Perhaps someone 'in the know' will address your interest in the print and advise you as to it's availability.

Edited by BillC : June 1, 2011, 6:08 pm

Merchandise purchase
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Good tips, Bill.  I've checked many of the websites which handle John Shaw's art and this item "Tigers in the Gorge" is sold out at many of the sources, even John
Shaw's own website.  Let's see what Lydia can do for you from her inventory.

BTW, this is an exciting moment in history.  To hear Tex tell the story of this vital mission, following dinner at the 2006 Reunion banquet, was incredible and truly memorable as he kept all around his table spellbound.
Tripp

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

Merchandise purchase
BillC
An exciting point in history is an understatement. It wasn't till I heard Johnny Allison's presentation in Seattle in 2001, that I understood the true importance of the Salween Gorge action. It saved China, and kept them in the war. If the Japanese had crossed the Salween, China may have been 'conquered' and hundreds of thousands of Japanese troops would have been freed to move against allied troops in other theaters. The number of potential Allied casualties can only be guessed at, but they would have been significant.

Edited by BillC : June 2, 2011, 12:28 am

Merchandise purchase
SilverDollar
Isn't it amazing how one action can turn the tide of an entire war.  God only knows how many Chinese soldiers and civilians were saved from anihilation by that mission.  The AVG just a small part in history?  I think not.   

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, Shawn, puailihau, aaatripp, JTFPIKE, Highlander, BradSmith, BillC, marathondon, BenL, RLWillett, SilverDollar, bbischoff64, buxnet, CrewChief214, gemiller111, CodyPaul, a2jacketpatches, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Merchandise purchase