Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : General Chennault Painting

Threaded Mode | Print  

General Chennault Painting, information (2 Replies, Read 28537 times)
mjgrady1
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Hi.... I am actually writing here to see if anyone can guide me on where to go with the General Chennault oil painting that my grandfather Joseph N. Grady gave to me prior to his death. He told me the story that the General's right hand man painted this portrait of Claire Lee Chennault during the war and just before leaving Burma General Chennault gave my grandfather the painting. He carried this all portrait through the whole war and it is in immaculate condition. So what I am asking if anyone here knows where I could get this painting appraised or more information on it. Please.... thank you for any help that one can give me on this.

IP: --   

General Chennault Painting
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
I think it would be very helpful in answering your questions if you could tell us the name of the artist who was General Chennault's "right hand man." What was your grandfather's association with either Chennault or the artist; why Chennault gave him the painting instead of keeping it himself.  It would also help if you could put up an image of the painting in question with its dimensions. That might help us all with an evaluation for you.
Thanks!

General Chennault Painting
gemiller111
Group: Member
Post Group: Working Newbie
I agree with Lydia.  Whatever info you can provide, and if you can post a picture, I can take that to the Chennault Museum here in town and see if they or the living family know anything.

Guy

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, worldraft, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, LydiaRossi, 3AVG@Toungoo, jbvo, SilverDollar, bbischoff64, gemiller111, luke, mjgrady1, Thieleng, RFly2Dive, Magician, a2jacketpatches, stormingnorman77, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : General Chennault Painting