Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Stories I Heard Growing Up

Threaded Mode | Print  

Stories I Heard Growing Up (1 Replies, Read 18016 times)
RFly2Dive
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
My Dad (and I am now 61) Capt. Ralph J. Wolf,  told me stories from when he was in the 14th Airforce stationed with the General's staff in Kunming.  I was also at the reunion when they stayed at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. and went to the Chinese Embassy when I was about 14yo.  I also have a letter thanking him from the Assoc. for bring back the American flag that flew at HQ in his foot locker when they came home.  It is now on display at the Smithsonian.  I think it might be a great resource to put these stories in a thread  for all to see.  I would also like a 'one click' button added to the site so we could easily contribute to site maintenence and upkeep.

1st story.... My Dad said they sometimes would have Chinese civilians die when they would try to remove 'demons' that would be lurking on their backs by running too close to turning propellers on the P40 on the ground.  Being a tail dragger the pilots could not see them as they ran up to the prop..
IP: --   

Stories I Heard Growing Up
SilverDollar
Group: Member
Post Group: Elite Member
Holy Schmoley !  That must have been terrible to see.  I wonder how many times that happened. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, aaatripp, BradSmith, LydiaRossi, SilverDollar, hc8mm, RFly2Dive, pamelawoodward, Daddyoh56

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Stories I Heard Growing Up