Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Looking for info about Louis Wyatt

Normal Mode | Print  

Looking for info about Louis Wyatt (5 Replies, Read 29600 times)
MStratton
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
My husband's family has direct ties to the AVG - my Mother in law's dad is Louis Wyatt Communications for the  Adam and Eve squadron. Very little is known about him; his identity was only revealed to her about 10 years ago at the time of her mother's passing.  This is what I know...

My MIL was born in Karachi Pakistan - her mother Ellen (I'll call her Nana), was a British nurse; her father, an AVG named Louis  Wyatt. He volunteered with the Tigers (communications).  She grew up knowing that her mother walked out of Burma and I have since discovered the she was one of the civilians led out by the One and Only Vinegar Joe!

My  MIL knew nothing of her dad bc Nana never, ever, spoke of him other than he was AVG.  Following Nana's passing, we found letters, photographs and a journal she kept during this time.  A truly fascinating discovery!   However,  very distressing for my MIL she had locked it away.  A lot of it still is a mystery bc not much was written about Louis. Imagine a very young, unwed woman who had a whirlwind war time love affair that she later discovered resulted in a pregnancy.  Everything was a secret.  In those dangerous times, and in separation of her beloved, she assumed his family name in order to protect herself and their unborn love child.

Having found this group,  and my interest renewed,  I asked permission to see her documents once again. She has finally given me access.  She has told me that she's afraid of what I might (or might not find).  Ive told her what I am learning and why I had hoped to see her keepsakes.   I have hopes of being able to find her some answers. I know this will happen in time.  Its also my way of connecting some pieces of puzzles from this seemingly forgotten time.

A few of my other contacts have helped me by painting a picture of what it was like for the service men and women during this time.  It was fascinating to discover I have so many early photos of the AVG that I am very excited.   I thought perhaps my story and photos might be of interest to those of you who seem so dedicated to keeping their memories alive.

I'm not a war buff or researcher; nor is it my intent to profit from my finds.  I'm just a girl trying to make sense of a period in time that does seem forgotten. How else can we remember if we dont share what we know?  I look forward to our future discussions and I hope that perhaps some of the information I have can also help some of you.

THANK YOU!  GOD BLESS!
Monique Stratton on behalf of Marie Wyatt-Stratton and family

it turns out that I have a collection of photos the I believe are of Peter Atkinson.  I posted them on the AVG Facebook page and was contacted by one of Peter's nephews.  It felt wonderful to be able to share with him some never before seen pictures.

IP: --   

Threads
 MStratton   Looking for info about Louis Wyatt (5 Replies, Read 29600 times)
    |--  CarolePetach   How wonderfully exciting!!...   on November 18, 2015, 2:18 pm
    |--  aaatripp   Dear Monique, Thanks...   on November 19, 2015, 8:08 am
    |--  MStratton   Nice to hear...   on November 19, 2015, 3:52 pm
    |--  MStratton   Forgive me and...   on November 19, 2015, 5:55 pm
    |--  TigerNiece   I am one...   on May 10, 2018, 6:54 pm

« Previous    Next »

Normal Mode | Print  

Members who read this topic
aaatripp, BillC, LydiaRossi, BenL, CarolePetach, ColonelFOG, MStratton, TigerNiece

Users viewing this topic
8 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Looking for info about Louis Wyatt