Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Glen Beneda

Threaded Mode | Print  

Glen Beneda, Heart o a Tiger Documentary (1 Replies, Read 10547 times)
susan_jimison
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PlCl-nh_0U

Bumped into this link this morning. Glen Beneda's "story" of being shot down in China? At the Silver Wings presentation of John Donovan's story a man came up and asked me if I ever heard of Glen Beneda. There is a lot on the internet about him....being a Tiger! Then I read he was 1 month short of being 18 when Pearl Harbor was bombed.

I guess you know all of this. Sure is a lot of misconceptions on the page for the movie. Sheesh.
IP: --   

Glen Beneda
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Glen Beneda arrived in China in 1943 and served as a pilot in the 14th Air Force. He was shot down and rescued by the Chinese in May 1944.
As you all know by now, everyone who served in China in WWII now calls themselves Flying Tigers.
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
worldraft, BillC, LydiaRossi, BenL, RickDaniel, susan_jimison, RLWillett, SilverDollar, a2jacketpatches, Michael_Adams

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Glen Beneda