Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : George W Newkirk

Threaded Mode | Print  

George W Newkirk (1 Replies, Read 11395 times)
oscarbravo1
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I am searching for information regarding George W Newkirk who may have been a Flying Tiger. I have searched your rosters but did not find him. His obituary claims he was a FT.

His memorial is at: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/30705599/george-w.-newkirk

I am a distant relative and am trying to find a connection.

I already know about John "Scarsdale Jack" Newkirk who was KIA while flying over Thailand. He was my 7th Cousin once removed.

Thanks,

Keith O'Brien
IP: --   

George W Newkirk
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Thanks very much for posting your thread on George Newkirk at our AVG Forum.

Reviewing the Official Roster of the AVG, we only find John Van Kuren "Scarsdale Jack" Newkirk (your other cousin) under the Newkirk name.  George was not in the AVG, hence not a member of The Flying Tigers. 

He may very well have served in the China Air Task Force or the 14th Air Force in the CBI Theater following the time of the AVG.  The important solution to your search is to find out to which units he was assigned with accompanying dates and locations.  This will likely solve your questions.

Thanks very much for your interest in the AVG Flying Tigers.

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, aaatripp, marathondon, Radar21, Charybdis, JackYao, oscarbravo1, MarkOutdoorsman

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : George W Newkirk