Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Claire Chenault Autograph ?

Threaded Mode | Print  

Claire Chenault Autograph ?, Autographed photo and letter (7 Replies, Read 43596 times)
crj2
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I collected Autographs of WW2 Generals when I was growing up in the 50\\\'s and was fortunate enough to get Gen. Chennault to send me a Autographed photo and I still have the letter and envelope that it came in. dated  March 15, 1958 from 1000 cole ave Monroe La.
I am to the point that I think it is time to pass it along but will not give it away.
Wondering what it is worth? any interest in this on this posting? I can post a copy of the picture later tomorrow.

also have Pappy Boyingtons book with Autographs also. Ba Ba Black Sheep and Tanya

Thanks
Chuck J

Edited by crj2 : October 28, 2012, 7:18 pm
IP: --   

Claire Chenault Autograph ?
chuckbaisden
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Working Member
  :??:  Believe Chennault used two (2)letters in the spelling his last name.

Chuck B

SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
I hope the autograph has two n's in it and not one. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

Siccmade
Do you have a photo?

crj2
Ok is this a realistic price on this photograph? mine is very similar with the letter and envelope from 1958 just before he died.+ i have Major General below  his signature.Any thoughts or commentshttp://www.ebay.com/itm/CLAIRE-L-CHENNAULT-PHOTOGRAPH-SIGNED-/37 0584286053?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56488b7365

spike
If photo is still for sale contact me as I may be interested?...Thanks

aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
The listing price has been dropped to $5,850 by "Historydirect".  Less than 3hrs remain in the bidding period.  10 are watching it, no bids yet.  Hard to say what the "street value" is until the "bidding" ends.

BTW, SD, the autograph is spelled correctly with two "N" and appears to be the general's handwriting.

Stay tuned folks.......

Edited by aaatripp : November 19, 2015, 7:52 am

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian
AVG Flying Tigers Association

spike
Will never sell as way over priced!...No sale

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, chuckbaisden, Shawn, puailihau, TexLonghorn, worldraft, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, LydiaRossi, BenL, SilverDollar, 04397, crj2, Siccmade, hartzer, bbischoff64, gemiller111, myheroes, markeyismarc, spike, lcdanes

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Claire Chenault Autograph ?