Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : The Bombing Movie

Threaded Mode | Print  

The Bombing Movie, The War in China (3 Replies, Read 11959 times)
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Check out this LA Times article:

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/los-angeles-times/20151112/281685 433734253/TextView
IP: --   

The Bombing Movie
Lincoln
Group: Member
Post Group: Working Newbie
I got a 404 link when I tried to open the page.  I have read about some footage shot by the defensive gunners in Japanese Bombers as they bombed China.  They had no fear of Chinese Aircraft attacking them so they took cameras and shot footage during their raids.  I had read that some of it was sold to Movietone News and that helped to color the American's perception of the War in China.  I have often searched hoping somewhere the footage was online.

If I actually start writing a story of the AVG I was going to use a scene where one of the future pilots is viewing the footage prior to a screening of some movie and becomes incensed about seeing the footage. 

The Bombing Movie
mickelman
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Quote From : Lincoln December 17, 2015, 7:53 pm
I got a 404 link when I tried to open the page.  I have read about some footage shot by the defensive gunners in Japanese Bombers as they bombed China.  They had no fear of Chinese Aircraft attacking them so they took cameras and shot footage during their raids.  I had read that some of it was sold to Movietone News and that helped to color the American's perception of the War in China.  I have often searched hoping somewhere the footage was online.

If I actually start writing a story of the AVG I was going to use a scene where one of the future pilots is viewing the footage prior to a screening of some movie and becomes incensed about seeing the footage. 

The link was dead for me as well.

I have quite a collection of VHS tapes reproduced from WW2 Japanese doccos and feature films from Toho studios, though nothing like what you describe.

But you can easily see clips from Sino-Japanese War newsreels by watching "Flying Tigers," the John Wayne movie. Those are actual Nakajima Ki-27 fighters, of the sort identified by the AVGs as "I-96" or "I-97".

The Bombing Movie
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Another announcement on the movie:

http://www.avclub.com/article/bruce-willis-smirk-chinese-bombing -220374

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
worldraft, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, BenL, Radar21, Lincoln, mickelman, jpstout, sparks, richp470@gmail.com

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : The Bombing Movie