Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Another AVG group

Threaded Mode | Print  

Another AVG group (6 Replies, Read 15670 times)
mayor
Group: Member
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
Has anyone else seen this group, before? Seems to be reasonably accurate to me.

https://sites.google.com/a/avglivinghistorygroup.com/toe/
IP: --   

Another AVG group
SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
I've seen this site before.  They're a reenactment group.  They seem pretty accurate to me also. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

Another AVG group
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Thanks, Mayor.  They showed up on our radar in the 2009-10 timeframe.

Tripp

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian
AVG Flying Tigers Association

Another AVG group
a2jacketpatches
Post Group: Newbie
I met the guy that owns the restored jeep some time back at a war birds show, lots of guys out there. Pretty cool that they're out in the public at air shows, parades, etc. bringing the history to the otherwise uninformed public.

Another AVG group
a2jacketpatches
Would like to mention that the Blood Chit they offer is inaccurate along with the one offered here in the for sale section. The two characters in parentheses represent "American" and the original AVG Blood Chits did not have them. The characters were a later addition after The U.S. entered the war.

Another AVG group
a2jacketpatches
Here is a proper AVG Blood Chit, this one was owned by Jasper Harrington. Notice the lack of two characters in parentheses, this one simply says "Foreign Person" as opposed to "Foreign Person (American)"I may have to brush up a bit, but as far as I ever remember, this has been a significant detail that should not be overlooked. If I remember correctly, the Flying Tigers were not to be identified as U.S. Servicemen and were essentially hired mercenaries. Please correct me if I'm wrong. but for their iconic Blood Chit to be tossed in there with the rest of them is a surprise to me wherever I see it and I'm always compelled to educate. For anyone wanting to differentiate the AVG from the 14th Air Force, this is a good start.

Another AVG group
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Thanks a2jacketpatches:

Thank you for adding this special detail.  This type of expertise is so important to our Forum and we appreciate your participation.

Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
dlmitx81, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, BenL, 3AVG@Toungoo, RickDaniel, susan_jimison, RLWillett, SilverDollar, a2jacketpatches, jpstout, Tiger5

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Another AVG group