Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Ben Crum Foshee

Threaded Mode | Print  

Ben Crum Foshee, Airport Fire Station Naming In Honor of Ben Foshee (0 Replies, Read 6609 times)
H_Maraman
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Greetings,
About 2 years ago, I was conducting research on Ben Foshee from Red Level, AL and member of the 1st AVG's 3d Pursuit Squadron. This research led me to close friends, family members and others of interest. I'm excited to share with you an email I received just two days ago from Mr. Richard "Ricky" Daniels regarding the honoring of Ben. Due to the hard work of family members, those in his hometown, the neighboring town of Andalusia and the Covington County Historical Society, I share with you the following excerpt from the email:

"As you may or may not know, the Airport Advisory Board (SE Alabama Regional
Airport) has approved the naming of the new fire station on the airport
property in honor of Ben Foshee.  Maybe not what we were wanting, but
something.
I understand that both Wheeler and Crum Foshee have indicated that they will attend.  The Board asked that the Covington County Historical Society (that's Sue) coordinate the activity.  I have asked that Sue invite Francis McGowan also.  Business for the day includes setting a date and time for the ceremony and planning what we will do and who we will invite.  It will also provide an opportunity to tour the new fire station to determine if there are places for displays, plaques, etc, and to determine what the family might want to do in those regards."

It's been long overdue to honor those who served so valiantly for our country (some sacrificing all) and for the freedom of others! I will post details as I get them. To all AVG brothers of Ben, if you're available to attend the ceremony in Andalusia, AL (TBD), please let me know.

Herb
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
chuckbaisden, Shawn, worldraft, aaatripp, BillC, H_Maraman, forrestdale

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Ben Crum Foshee