Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Searching for info on a tiger

Threaded Mode | Print  

Searching for info on a tiger, Yale Faeges (my grandfather) (1 Replies, Read 8342 times)
virago
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I am trying to find information on my grandfather.  I have seen the jacket when I was a kid.  He was a tiger. His name was Yale Faeges and went on to the Army Air Corp and the USAF.  I have seen pictures many years ago.  He passed in the early 1990's.  If any surviving Tigers that are with us that may see this, please contact me via posting info. He never spoke much of his life career in the service as it spanned from burma to the early to  mid 1960's.
I haven't seen his name on the list either. Any info would be helpful. Thank you.
IP: --   

Searching for info on a tiger
BillC
Group: Member
Post Group: Elite Member
He wasn't a member of the AVG. He was probably in one of the later groups: The China Air Task Force and/or the 14th Air Force. All three were commanded by Chennault, but the AVG was under contract to Nationalist China until disbanding July 4, 1942.

Edited by BillC : November 16, 2009, 3:34 pm
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, chuckbaisden, Shawn, puailihau, FrankPatton, BradSmith, BillC, BenL, Bartelt, torrey, Joe&Agnes, virago, TrailerParkCasanova, r1levy, SilverDollar, 442RCT, cutman1968, bsommers, JohnnyJin, rjm65, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Searching for info on a tiger