Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Chinese cap badge

Threaded Mode | Print  

Chinese cap badge (3 Replies, Read 13908 times)
hc8mm
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I am trying to find more information on this type of hat badge. I believe it is American made. It is made out of probably brass and nickel plated copper on the sun itself.

I posted in a few Chinese forums, one from the mainland and one from Taiwan without any luck. Also a few US forums... none. So far, I have not seen any post 1950 Taiwan air force badges with a serial number.

Anybody knows more about it?

Board Image
Board Image
Board Image
IP: --   

Chinese cap badge
SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
As far as I know, that's the Chinese AF officer's cap badge.  I have one just like it. Concerning it's use in the AVG, it was used on the garrison or wheel hat as we used to call it in the USAF.  I've seen some pics where the flyers were wearing those hats.  I hope that's the answer you were looking for. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

Chinese cap badge
hc8mm
Post Group: Newbie
Yes, it is an ROCAF badge, but I am trying to figure what period is it from? I was hoping there may be somebody that knows about it. It most likely does not come from a Flying Tiger, maybe another American pilot or ground crew or Chinese pilot who wore during WWII.

Like I said, I haven't come across any post-1950s cap badges with any serial numbers or the same type of screw post (although the Taiwan type has a flower shaped instead of the circle type pictured here) and needle. I don't think it was from the Chinese Civil War period after 1945.

I collect ROC military items mostly of the Taiwan period (1950s to present) and research can be difficult as items such as these are not extensively covered as other militaria.

SilverDollar, thanks for your reply though.

Chinese cap badge
SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
Aha,  I see now what you were getting at.  Sorry for the confusion.  I also see why your research is so difficult.  Unfortunately in the collectible world, the original owners never figured that we'd be collecting their stuff.  To them, it's just a symbol.  To us, it's a precise world.  Good luck in your search. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, Shawn, dlmitx81, BradSmith, BillC, RickDaniel, SilverDollar, annwetherell, hc8mm, avgvet, JohnnyJin, Artifact53, robinh, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Chinese cap badge