Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Facebook pg and Lake Dianchi P40

Threaded Mode | Print  

Facebook pg and Lake Dianchi P40 (7 Replies, Read 37008 times)
WhoAmI
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
i run the flying tigers facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flying-Tigers/140041332712176 if any of you would like to post there.  it's an appreciation page so any news or info is always welcome.  people are interested in whatever happened with the lake dianchi plane.  was it ever recovered?
IP: --   

Facebook pg and Lake Dianchi P40
SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
Cool page.  I like it. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
To hrhemann,

Welcome to the Flying Tigers Forum!  As an aid, may I suggest that you consult many of the threads posted to the Forum in the past.  You'll find many answers to your questions here....and the great part is that many of the responses are from Tigers who are still living and who monitor this Forum.

Also, there is much historical information contained in this website, rosters, individual biographies under the squadron sections and many photographs.
Members of this Forum are always glad to help you.

Tripp

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian
AVG Flying Tigers Association

LydiaRossi

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
I was out on that lake with some AVG members and Jeff Greene, the Chinese pointed to a spot on the water and said that is where the P-40 is resting. Dick Rossi threw a flower wreath at the spot (I'm attaching a photo and one of a part of the P-40 they have dredged up). That was in 2005 and I have not had any news as to the lifting of the plane out of the water. Jeff said there was a lot of politics involved ... who would do the engineering, where the plane would go after it was out, who would pay for it, and most importantly (apparently) who would get the credit for it.

LydiaRossi

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
I was out on that lake with some AVG members and Jeff Greene, the Chinese pointed to a spot on the water and said that is where the P-40 is resting. Dick Rossi threw a flower wreath at the spot (I'm attaching a photo and one of a part of the P-40 they have dredged up). That was in 2005 and I have not had any news as to the lifting of the plane out of the water. Jeff said there was a lot of politics involved ... who would do the engineering, where the plane would go after it was out, who would pay for it, and most importantly (apparently) who would get the credit for it.

BillC
Thanks for that information Lydia. Wish that Dick was still with us.... .but time marches on.

WhoAmI
thanks for the great info and pics!

markeyismarc
Here are two links to additional information regarding John Blackburn's P-40 that crashed into Lake Dianchi while on a training exercise in April 1942. They are dated August 2013. Does anyone have additional updates? http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90786/8366446.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130815-900048.html

Edited by markeyismarc : January 30, 2014, 7:26 pm

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, robertm, Shawn, Flyingunz, worldraft, aaatripp, Highlander, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, dwfoster, BenL, SilverDollar, tibor, bbischoff64, gemiller111, WhoAmI, LICsteve, SignalCorps, markeyismarc, StephenLoane, kkennedy

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Facebook pg and Lake Dianchi P40