Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Lt A Bartling A2 flying jacket

Threaded Mode | Print  

Lt A Bartling A2 flying jacket, Lt A Bartling A2 flying jacket (1 Replies, Read 19136 times)
jdocherty
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie

John
Hi all, I have just bought an A2 flying jacket which has numerous Flying Tiger insignia and markings with a leather name badge of Lt A Bartling. Is there any advice available on how I can get this jacket authenticated? I am happy to share pictures and receive comments.
Thank you
John Docherty (England, UK)
IP: --   

Lt A Bartling A2 flying jacket
SilverDollar
Group: Member
Post Group: Elite Member
There may be a problem here.  The member of the AVG with a last name of Barling was William E. Bartling.  A Lt. A. Bartling may have been someone else.  Plus, the AVG didn't have the usual rank system so the jacket was probably worn by someone in the 10th or 14th AF if the wearer was stationed in China.  Also, the A2 was relatively rare in the AVG even though a number of members did wear A2's.  The jacket would most likely be an M422 Navy goatskin and not an A2. If you post a picture or two of the jacket, we'd be better able to tell which insignia are on the jacket.  That would be most helpful. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
BillC, BenL, SilverDollar, gemiller111, CodyPaul, Miha, jdocherty, a2jacketpatches, StephenLoane, Tiger5, Mrwizard00

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > General Stuff > Generals > Topic : Lt A Bartling A2 flying jacket