Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Anna Chennault death

Threaded Mode | Print  

Anna Chennault death (2 Replies, Read 46532 times)
TomPandolfi
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie

Preserving the history of the AVG......
Just recently I read that Anna Chennault passed away March 30 in Washington DC. at the age of 94.  I had the pleasure of talking to her on the phone on 3 occasions and she once visited me at the New England Air Museum in CT to view my AVG memorabilia collection.  A very charismatic woman and I could see how influential she was in politics and business...always trying to do what was best for the Flying Tigers and America/Chinese relations. She also encouraged many Chinese-Americans to pursue high-level careers

Edited by TomPandolfi : April 19, 2018, 6:04 pm

-----------------------
Tom Pandolfi
IP: --   

Anna Chennault death
BillC
Group: Member
Post Group: Elite Member
A most accomplished woman. Way ahead of her time, compared to today's culture. Left quite an impression on all the AVG members she encountered, by all accounts. Much to be admired.

Anna Chennault death
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Author of CHENNAULT AND THE FLYING TIGERS, Anna Chennault, was a remarkable woman who led an amazing public life as a Washington hostess and envoy for economic relations between China-Taiwan-U.S. and as a behind-the-scenes envoy to link the Chinese cultures with America.

She was very generous and gave a very nice luncheon in the fall of 2009 during the Library of Congress symposium to honor Asian-Americans who fought for freedom during WWII.

Edited by aaatripp : May 16, 2018, 4:32 pm

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, aaatripp, Highlander, BradSmith, BillC, LydiaRossi, marathondon, helice11, Charybdis, TomPandolfi, paultax2

Users viewing this topic
5 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Anna Chennault death