Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Erik Shilling

Threaded Mode | Print  

Erik Shilling
mayor
Group: Member
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
Lynn, it's always been my theory, that although, the volunteers of the AVG did it for the money or adventure, put yourself in their shoes and think that if you were a child of the depression, you could turn down that kind of money? Don't forget, these guys were ALREADY ready to fight for their country when they went into the Army, Navy and Marines.......all they did was get into the action a little earlier then they might have, otherwise......I think they though they would have been in action with the AVG much earlier, but Chennault had other ideas because he thought they needed much more training.

Edited by mayor : March 18, 2015, 10:50 am
IP: --   

Erik Shilling
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
All Forum members:

Let's bring this thread back to the purpose of BillC's original posting....that of donating books about the Flying Tigers to your local schools to help promote a broader understanding amongst our school kids of accurate history.

Thanks for your support!

Tripp

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian
AVG Flying Tigers Association

Erik Shilling
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Hi Julia....I'm a little late in responding to your statement that is posted here. We know well what an amazing man your father is. He and Dick Rossi remained good friends throughout their lives and would talk on the phone at least once a month. How great that he is still around, we only wish we would see him come to a reunion so everyone could visit with him. There are only 4 guys still with us: Chuck Baisden, Ed Styles, Frank Losonsky, and of course, Carl Brown.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, chuckbaisden, Shawn, zekestriker, puailihau, worldraft, basketweaver, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, gbranton, mayor, LydiaRossi, scwells, marathondon, BenL, 3AVG@Toungoo, Radar21, Bishop/Irwin, Charybdis, Eileen, Bartelt, SilverDollar, 04397, jfhudak, Siccmade, rjm65, tibor, jbrown, mattrob20, Owen, ghrounds, LuannDolan, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Erik Shilling