Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Gold Medals from the Chinese?

Threaded Mode | Print  

Gold Medals from the Chinese?
SilverDollar
Group: Member
Post Group: Elite Member
Tripp, mayor, I agree with both of you.  The biggest problem I see is that at least for me, I'm very careful that I don't offend anyone since the contribution of the 10th, 14th AF, CATF and CACW is valuable too.  If they argue with me, I try to explain the differences.  If they still give me grief, I refer them here.  I'll do my part to keep the history correct and alive as you guys do but as far as officially speaking for the Tigers, I'll defer to you guys until I'm permitted to speak for them.

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.
IP: --   

Gold Medals from the Chinese?
mayor
Group: Member
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
This showed up the other day, in two different letters by Nell Calloway, Gen. Chennault's granddaughter. This statement was by Chennault in "Way of a Fighter" and I think this may be where much of the confusion comes from. Unless I'm reading it wrong, he's stating that the "sign" of the Flying Tigers should remain aloft (in other units), but he isn't saying other units should be called the Flying Tigers. I'll leave it up to you:

"It is my hope that the sign of the Flying Tiger will remain aloft just as long as it is needed and that it will always be remembered on both shores of the Pacific as the symbol of two great peoples working towards a common goal in war and peace."
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, aaatripp, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, BenL, 3AVG@Toungoo, RickDaniel, susan_jimison, RLWillett, SilverDollar, crj2

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Gold Medals from the Chinese?