Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Ersatz Tigers

Threaded Mode | Print  

Ersatz Tigers (3 Replies, Read 13163 times)
mayor
Group: Member
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
I know myself and many other members of this board has mentioned this subject before and most on here have been in agreement..........the AVG is the only unit that should lay claim to the "Flying Tigers" name......certainly those that were in the AVG are deserving of that.

Well, on Facebook, I joined a couple of "Flying Tigers" groups. I posted something along these lines, thinking that, they, surely, would agree with me....well I guess 1 for 2 isn't bad.

It's funny, of the ones that replied, that lambasted me for my opinion on this, the ones that were in the most opposition to me, were those whose relatives weren't in the AVG, but those that came along after they were disbanded and the 14th AF, CATF, etc. had taken over.  Most of them had personally appropriated the name.

To me, this isn't much different than "stolen valor", although not as severe.

Funny how they got all twisted out of shape when I posted this, even though, in their heart of hearts, they KNEW I was right.

I have read most of the books, written by AVG members, of their experiences and I believe they felt the same way about this issue.

I don't know why they feel this way, when they know that Gen. Scott, although he flew with the Tigers, never felt like this. Even my contention that the AVG members felt this way couldn't dissuade them from attacking me. Heck, I was just the messenger......Don't shoot me!!
IP: --   

Ersatz Tigers
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Thanks for the message and for sticking up for the AVG. We have been fighting that battle for years. But we are way out-numbered by those who want to call themselves Flying Tigers.
Please send us the link. Maybe some of us can add to the discussion.

Ersatz Tigers
mayor

Thanks for the support, Lydia......

Here is the link to that particular Facebook group, which is a closed group, but they might let you join if you ask........then you can tell them where they are so very, very wrong.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/flyingtigersAVG/1015160434580705 8/?notif_t=group_comment

Edited by mayor : August 19, 2013, 10:00 pm

Ersatz Tigers
mayor

BTW, they're still attacking me, even though I left the group and, in some ways they're attacking those that have gone before, those that are left and their relatives that are on here.

They're trying to steal the Flying Tigers' glory and take if for their own and then have the audacity to tell ME that I'm disparaging their service.

I thought maybe if some of you that have a stronger connection to the AVG than I do, were to go on there and give your opinion, it might help, but after reading some other things they've said, I don't think it would make any difference.

Edited by mayor : August 24, 2013, 11:51 pm

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
robertm, Shawn, worldraft, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, Radar21, SilverDollar, noman, tibor, gemiller111, a2jacketpatches, markeyismarc, ktmahon, StephenLoane, Michael_Adams

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Ersatz Tigers