Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Flying Tigers Remembered in China Today

Threaded Mode | Print  

Flying Tigers Remembered in China Today (2 Replies, Read 5223 times)
Tigerson
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
After my recent conversation with Tiger5 about my father's personal effects, I realized it would be good if I shared the reaction I received when I mentioned to Chinese that my father was a Flying Tiger.  I am retired now, but when I was working I would meet with groups of Chinese government officials visiting the US.  To win over these audiences, I would mention that my family had experience with China going back to my father's service as a Flying Tiger.  My presentation was usually translated, and when the translator got to the Flying Tiger part, the Chinese would applaud.  This was not polite applause, but enthusiastic.  The Chinese were from all over China, not just the south were the Flying Tigers operated.  So the children, grandchildren and even great-grandchildren of the people the Flying Tigers went to help in 1941 and 1942 remember what that small group of extraordinary men and women did for them.
IP: --   

Flying Tigers Remembered in China Today
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Thanks very much for posting your story about recognition & appreciation by the Chinese people for what the AVG Flying Tigers did to help their country in a desperate time of peril.  You are so right---the Chinese are very much a people & culture of the generations and stories and legends are passed down from one generation to the next one.

Yes, when I speak with Chinese people and mention the words FEI HU, you can see a moment of hesitation while they process my pronounciation of the words and then the flash of recognition and instant joy and appreciation....the legacy of the Flying Tigers!

Edited by aaatripp : May 22, 2016, 9:57 am

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

Flying Tigers Remembered in China Today
Tigerson
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
You're welcome, aaatripp.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
aaatripp, Highlander, mayor, LydiaRossi, BenL, 3AVG@Toungoo, AFDoc, Tigerson, Jmalford

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Flying Tigers Remembered in China Today