Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Ebay Banner

Threaded Mode | Print  

Ebay Banner (4 Replies, Read 7626 times)
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Offered for sale on Ebay for $17,525.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-Rare-AVG-Flying-Tigers-Banner- 2d-Squadron-Group-Com-Officer-R-J-King-/261550081752?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&h ash=item3ce59986d8
IP: --   

Ebay Banner
SilverDollar
Group: Member
I've been watching this one for a while now.  I'd really love to get it but I just don't have $17+ grand in my pocket.  Besides, my wife would sever my head from my neck if I tried to buy it.  Instead, I am hand making a couple of banners for my own collection to display in my "reflecting room".  I have tried to put some pictures on the site of the banners but I'm having a bit of trouble getting them on.  I'll be working on that in the next few days. 

Edited by SilverDollar : October 23, 2014, 3:22 pm

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

Ebay Banner
SilverDollar
Let's try this now to see if the pics come up.

There we go.  The top one is the poly thread on satin.  The second one is silk on silk.  I hate to pay someone a lot of dough to make something I can do myself. 

Edited by SilverDollar : October 23, 2014, 5:12 pm

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

Ebay Banner
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Very nice!

Ebay Banner
SilverDollar
Thanks Lydia.  I have a feeling that I was a Chinese seamstress in a former life.  I even got my wife into needle art. 

-----------------------

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
robertm, dlmitx81, aaatripp, BillC, LydiaRossi, BenL, Radar21, SilverDollar, Lincoln

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Ebay Banner