Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : 2015 - A SIGNIFICANT YEAR FOR THE AVG

Threaded Mode | Print  

2015 - A SIGNIFICANT YEAR FOR THE AVG, SIGNIFICANT ANNIVERSARIES (0 Replies, Read 8237 times)
klee
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
THIS YEAR MARKS THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WW II IN CHINA

THIS IS ALSO THE 74TH YEAR OF THE FORMATION OF CAMCO AND THE AVG

THIS IS THE 73RD YEAR OF THE DISBANDING OF THE AVG

IT IS ALSO THE FIRST YEAR OF THE NCAA DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL
CHAMPIONSHIP WHICH INVOLVES THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON, WHICH HAS A
SPECIAL CONNECTION WITH THE AVG BUT NEVER MENTIONED AS FAR AS I KNOW.

HERE IS A BIT OF HISTORY ON BEHALF OF THE ORIGINAL AVGERS FROM
OREGON, PAK ON LEE, AL KAELIN, ROLLAND RICHARDSON AND KEN JERNSTEDT.  (I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INCLUDE THE CHINESE OF THE AVG.)

AN ATTACHMENT IS INCLUDED BUT MAY NOT SHOW.  THE ATTACHMENT INCLUDES THE WALT DISNEY CONNECTION WITH THE AVG AND THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON MASCOT DUCK; BOTH DESIGNED BY THE DISNEY STUDIOS.  A TIMELY COINCIDENCE THIS YEAR FOR US IN OREGON.

ALSO, FROM MY FATHER'S PHOTO HISTORY, THERE ARE USO STARS AT LIU CHOW IN 1944 WHICH INCLUDES PICTURES OF JIMMY DODD, FUTURE LEADER OF THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB WHO STARRED IN JOHN WAYNES, 'FLYING TIGERS'.  MY FATHER BROUGHT THE FAMILY BACK TO PORTLAND IN 1947 WHERE WE GREW UP WITH THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB AND THE WONDERFUL CULTURE OF THE 1950S.

THANKS BE TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THE AVG!

KEITH LEE
IP: --   

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, aaatripp, LydiaRossi, klee

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : 2015 - A SIGNIFICANT YEAR FOR THE AVG