Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Harvey Greenlaw

Threaded Mode | Print  

Harvey Greenlaw, Post AVG Service (5 Replies, Read 8549 times)
paultax2
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Hi,

New poster here.  For my first posting, I was wondering if any members have any information on Harvey Greenlaw's post AVg service.  Did he follow General Chennault to the 14th AF?  What was his highest AAF rank acheived?  Any information greatly appreciated.
IP: --   

Harvey Greenlaw
SilverDollar
Post Group: Elite Member
According to a book I saw on the internet  (not written by Dan Ford), Olga figured more into the story than Harvey did.  He was a West Point grad but after the AVG disbanded, he did not return back to any service in the war effort.  The article also didn't paint Harvey all that well but as far as I'm concerned, I'm not a good source for any of that type of info.  I'm sure that someone here will be able to shed some more light on Harvey's story. 

-----------------------
Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truckload of brains. Author unknown.  Found in a fortune cookie and that's the honest truth.

Harvey Greenlaw
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
It appears that Harvey Greenlaw never joined the USAAF nor served in the CBI following the AVG period.  Merian "Steve" Cooper was Chennault's XO/Chief of Staff during the CATF period. 

Edited by aaatripp : February 9, 2015, 8:38 pm

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

Harvey Greenlaw
paultax2
Silverdollar & aaatripp,

Thank you for your replies.  Much appreciated.

Edited by paultax2 : February 10, 2015, 7:44 am

Harvey Greenlaw
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
I remember Dick Rossi talking about Harvey Greenlaw. At one point, in the 1950s I think, he and some friends were working a gold mine in Mexico. Dick went and visited him at that site. They never found any gold. He and Olga had separated, neither of them came to any of the AVG reunions for reasons that seem obvious to those of us who heard some of the stories.

Harvey Greenlaw
markeyismarc
I guess that all of those "stories" went up in smoke and ashes when her personal diary was burned upon her death per her wishes. Too bad that that she never published her diary, as she could have edited out the very personal content. It would have been another treasure-trove of knowledge and possibly could have put some missing pieces of the AVG puzzle together. Oh well .......

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, worldraft, basketweaver, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, LydiaRossi, 3AVG@Toungoo, SilverDollar, rjm65, Owen, paultax2, markeyismarc

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Harvey Greenlaw