Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Book Signing in Chattanooga September 12

Threaded Mode | Print  

Book Signing in Chattanooga September 12, In case anyone is interested (2 Replies, Read 8771 times)
susan_jimison
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I'll be at McKay's in Chattanooga on Lee Highway September 12th from 1-3 if anyone is interested. Please check out my website for more events as they become available.  www.susanclotfelterjimison.com    Also, Through the Eyes of a Tiger: The John Donovan Story is available on Amazon, Kindle, Nook and Ipad.

Picture of me holding book was taken by Charlie Groh, son of Clifford Groh, AVG 3rd Squadron pilot.
IP: --   

Book Signing in Chattanooga September 12
mickelman
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
I highly recommend Susan's book. Basically it's a collection of John Donovan's letters home, and they were long, detailed, and very perceptive about the people and places he saw, together with some biographical information that will likely be altogether new to the reader. When I ordered a copy, I was told by Amazon that it was out of stock (already!), so I got the Kindle e-book for $6.99 and was able to start reading it the same evening. If you are a collector of AVG books, you'll may want to wait for the paperback, but -- whatever! -- don't miss it. I rank it up there with R.T. Smith's and Charlie Bond's diaries as my favorite AVG memoirs. -- Dan

Book Signing in Chattanooga September 12
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Thanks, Dan, for your response which is very helpful for the AVG Forum group.  This is an excellent addition to the wealth of books about the AVG Flying Tigers, especially those written by the Tigers.....because THEY WERE THERE!!

This is how we maintain an accurate history of the AVG rather than succumbing to the tidal wave of claimants out there who attempt to gain prominence or false status by passing themselves off as "being a Flying Tiger veteran", "speaking for all Flying Tigers" or rewriting carefully documented AVG history.

Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
Flying Tigers Association

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian
AVG Flying Tigers Association

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, aaatripp, Highlander, BenL, susan_jimison, SilverDollar, mickelman, markeyismarc, sparks

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Book Signing in Chattanooga September 12