Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : FAKE 23FG on ebay SOLD $1575.00!!

Threaded Mode | Print  

FAKE 23FG on ebay SOLD $1575.00!!, http://www.ebay.com/itm/original-WWII-FLYING-TIGERS-A-V-G-LEATHER-PATCH-/222326820680?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=NrFbse4xSo0wkoBx3rlBiF8zqtw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc (2 Replies, Read 3137 times)
faversham
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
ITEM 222326820680

I consider this a forgery based on thread size, stitching, aged details, haphazard construction and (possibly) sewing machine used. The only thing that looks "good" is obverse blue leather but this can easily be duped.  ;-D
IP: --   

FAKE 23FG on ebay SOLD $1575.00!!
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
We have seen so many fakes on eBay and elsewhere. This image doesn't even look familiar to me. Is it the 23rd FG logo? The seller claims it is original AVG. No.

FAKE 23FG on ebay SOLD $1575.00!!
RonBurkey
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I missed this when it posted: we have been straight out busy with home renovations, orders, and family events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). Thank you, Tripp, for alerting me to the thread.

This patch is an iconic example of a circa 1943-45 23rd Fighter Group Jacket Patch. It was made in China of multi-piece leather, and if the condition was better, it would have gone for $2500.00.

It is one of those patches that every CBI collector wants, so although it is not quite as rare as the price might suggest, the patches are coveted and do not become available too often.

I hope this helps answer any questions anyone had about this.

Happy Holidays,

Ron Burkey

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, aaatripp, BillC, LydiaRossi, BenL, Radar21, Charybdis, SilverDollar, markeyismarc, RonBurkey, faversham, Blue

Users viewing this topic
3 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : FAKE 23FG on ebay SOLD $1575.00!!