Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : melvin woodward

Threaded Mode | Print  

melvin woodward, diary and writings (6 Replies, Read 34020 times)
pamelawoodward
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Hello, I've just typed into the computer my father's manuscripts about his time in the AVG from his discharge from the Navy in Norfolk on june 27 1941 to july 4 1942.
Do you think there is any interest?
Who are the remaining original Flying tigers? Is there a means of contacting them?
I have not one picture of my father during that period and I'd love to find one...any ideas?
Thanks for the help.
Pamela
IP: --   

melvin woodward
RLWillett
There is a photo of your Dad Melvin Woodward in the Flying Tiger reunion May 24-28, 2001. I have a copy of it if you want me to scan it and send it I'll be glad to.
email me at willettr@att.net

melvin woodward
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Hi Pamela,

There are 6 known living Flying Tigers (AVG):

1st Squadron
Carl Brown, pilot

3rd Squadron
Chuck Baisden, armorer
Ken Jernstedt, pilot
Frank Losonsky, crew chief
Joe Poshefko, armorer
Ed Stiles, Sr., crew chief

Pamela, Lydia Rossi is the Executive Secy. of the Flying Tigers Assn. and monitors this Forum.  You should be in touch with Lydia regarding your father.  There are Tigers and family members who look forward to meeting you.  The 71st Anniversary Reunion will be held later this year.

As for your father's chronicle of his time in the AVG....Yes!  Please send me a copy of his records, or a link to the online posting (my email:  aaatripp@gmail.com)
There are many museums around the country with Flying Tigers exhibits.  If you are looking for a museum in which to place either your father's records or his memorabilia please let me know and we can assist you.

Best wishes,

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
Flying Tigers Assn.

Edited by aaatripp : June 1, 2012, 1:50 pm

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian
AVG Flying Tigers Association

melvin woodward
BillC
Post Group: Elite Member
You can count on my interest.

melvin woodward
gemiller111
Post Group: Working Newbie
I am sure the Chennault Aviation and Military museum here in Louisiana would be interested in a copy.  We have a very extensive library of AVG-related books and writings.  I can put you in touch if you wish.  Guy

melvin woodward
pamelawoodward
Thank you for the interest. I'm writing individually to you as I still don't know how to navigate in a forum!!!

melvin woodward
mikavulin
Dan Ford has published these memories on his very informative site. I am grateful.
www.warbirdforum.com/woodward.htm

There are 2 errors which I should have rectified.
My father was on the Jagersfontien which left San Francisco on the 10th July arriving Rangoon the 16th August.
And he was in the 2nd squadron, somehow he is listed as being in \"staff\".
Also I really want to thank Bob and Tripp for being so very very helpful and encouraging.
Feedback would be appreciated! Thank you
Pamela Happe Woodward
pamela@happe.be

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, TexLonghorn, worldraft, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, BenL, RLWillett, hc8mm, mikavulin, gemiller111, pamelawoodward, Daddyoh56, StephenLoane

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : melvin woodward