Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Flying Tigers documentary filming request

Threaded Mode | Print  

Flying Tigers documentary filming request (10 Replies, Read 26267 times)
luna8825
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Hi all,

I am Luna Wang, a researcher in a documentary production company named LIC in China. We are now cooperating with PTS Taiwan to run a Flying Tigers project. We'd like to provide a panorama of Flying Tigers for Chinese and foreign audience. We were wondering if anyone here could help us contact with any veteran or relative of theirs who would like to share stories and memory of the time in front of camera. We would really appreciate it. (Our initial plan of US visit would be from August 10)
For any further information, please feel free to ask.
My email: wanglu@lic-bcbc.com

Thank you very much!
IP: --   

Flying Tigers documentary filming request
gemiller111
Post Group: Working Newbie
Hello. There are several folks on this forum who could be of help to you and I am sure they will speak up appropriately.  In addition, I might suggest that you reach out to Nell Calloway who is the granddaughter of General Chennault and runs the Chennault Aviation and Military Museum for the State of Louisiana.  Nell can be reached at nell.calloway@sos.louisiana.gov .  318-362-5540.  In addition to family and museum resources, Nell is well connected to AVG resources within the US and China. Regards, Guy

Edited by gemiller111 : July 3, 2012, 8:01 am

luna8825
Quote From : gemiller111 July 3, 2012, 8:01 am
Hello. There are several folks on this forum who could be of help to you and I am sure they will speak up appropriately.  In addition, I might suggest that you reach out to Nell Calloway who is the granddaughter of General Chennault and runs the Chennault Aviation and Military Museum for the State of Louisiana.  Nell can be reached at nell.calloway@sos.louisiana.gov .  318-362-5540.  In addition to family and museum resources, Nell is well connected to AVG resources within the US and China. Regards, Guy

Thank you so much!
I've already got in touch with Nell Calloway. She was very friendly.
And thanks for all the information you guys have provided. Really appreciate it!

luna8825
Anybody who can help me contact with Carl Molesworth, please? Thanks a lot!

LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Most of the AVG members have passed away and the very few who remain are all over 90 years old. There may be family members who can give you stories, but there are also lots of other resources. There are excellent historys of the group in the form of books, and DVDs which are sold by this association. It can be purchased at this site:
http://flyingtigersavgmerchandise.com/catalog/catalog/index.php? cPath=28&osCsid=d5cf0054a696fcddddb2de52e398f0c1

A list of many other books can be found at this location:
http://www.flyingtigersavg.com/tiger3.htm
Hope this helps!
Lydia Rossi

luna8825
Quote From : LydiaRossi July 17, 2012, 9:34 am
Most of the AVG members have passed away and the very few who remain are all over 90 years old. There may be family members who can give you stories, but there are also lots of other resources. There are excellent historys of the group in the form of books, and DVDs which are sold by this association. It can be purchased at this site:
http://flyingtigersavgmerchandise.com/catalog/catalog/index.php? cPath=28&osCsid=d5cf0054a696fcddddb2de52e398f0c1

A list of many other books can be found at this location:
http://www.flyingtigersavg.com/tiger3.htm
Hope this helps!
Lydia Rossi

Thanks a lot, Lydia.

We have bought some of the books. They are quite informative.

But just think about this: if we have already got books and DVDs, why bother filming another documentary?

Because we want audience to listen to people who have really gone through that period of time, with true touching stories not only about men and iron but more human with advanture, puzzle, fortune, hope, pain, bravery, love and so forth. It is why we are aiming at interviewing as many remaing AVG members as possible. Their words in front of camera will be magical enough to help audience travel through time and space to experience those painstaking but also heroic days. I guess that is what we can do to contribute to the glory of AVG and to our shared history. It is an honor to do so.

Anyone could help me contact with Carl Brown, Ken Jernstedt, Fran Losonsky and Ed Stiles Sr., please?

Besides, I found Lee Burgard, son of George Burgard, has CDs of his father's pictures and diaries that people can order for donation. I could not get in touch with him because of my stupid email system. Anyone could help?

Thank you very much!

Luna

luna8825
Good morning, all.

Thanks again for everything you guys have done.
Since General Chennault will be a key part of the story, we really want to get an access to Anna Chennault who I suppose is now living in Washington DC. Just want to ask how we may be able to get in touch with Anna Chennault. Anyone who has acquaintance with her? Really appreciate it.
Have a nice day.

Luna

gemiller111
Post Group: Working Newbie
Ask Nell Calloway at the Chennault Museum in Monroe, LA.  She has been in recent contact with Anna.  Also, Nell's mother, Rosemary Chennault Simrall (Chennault's youngest daughter by his first wife) is still living here in Monroe.

luna8825
Quote From : gemiller111 July 27, 2012, 7:17 am
Ask Nell Calloway at the Chennault Museum in Monroe, LA.  She has been in recent contact with Anna.  Also, Nell's mother, Rosemary Chennault Simrall (Chennault's youngest daughter by his first wife) is still living here in Monroe.

Thank you so much!!!

luna8825
Hi all,

Another question.
Anyone knows the contacts of Ena L. Davis, sister of Lt. Robert H. Mooney?
And anyone knows about the monument of Robert H. Mooney? Was it in Lexiton, Missouri?
Thanks a lot.

luna8825
I was told that the Flying Tigers Reunion is held on 18-21 October. Wish it a big success.

I was wondering if anyone knows Elinor Beneda? We have filmed the China part story of her husband Glen Beneda. We were really looking forward to have her talking about flying tigers in front of the camera.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.

Luna

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
ForumAdmin, robertm, Shawn, puailihau, worldraft, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, LydiaRossi, dwfoster, Bartelt, AlanL, TigerNephew, SilverDollar, MikeM1960, gemiller111, Miha, pamelawoodward, luna8825, stormingnorman77, Daddyoh56, StephenLoane, sparks

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Flying Tigers documentary filming request