Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : avg jacket

Threaded Mode | Print  

avg jacket, avg jacket (5 Replies, Read 24445 times)
macmclean
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
Hi i have in my possesion an AVG jacket which i am selling to anyone who might be interested, it was given to me by an american actress sent over to the UK from the USA,  as a gift after we completed a film.
I have attatched photos and would welcome any feedback.

kind regards

Mac

(cant seem to load the photos but you can email me and i will sent them to you direct)

Edited by macmclean : February 2, 2014, 3:18 am
IP: --   

avg jacket
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
If you keep the images small, under 200K you should be able to upload once you are signed in.
Is this the the same jacket I received an email regarding...that it has the name Van Shapard in it and a certificate of authenticity?

Edited by LydiaRossi : February 2, 2014, 11:52 am

avg jacket
markeyismarc
Lydia, please see my PM sent to you on Jan. 30. Thank you.

avg jacket
LydiaRossi
Group: Moderator

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Maclean sent the photos of his jacket to me so that I can upload them here. He has said he wants to find a buyer for it. There are 7 photos that I can upload.
Here is my take on this jacket.  It is obviously a fake....sorry Maclean, you said it was a gift so I am hoping no one is out much money. I will tell you what I see and others here may see more.
1. The most obvious error is in the spelling of the name Van Shapard. They have spelled it Shepard.
2. The logo on the left breast looks similar to the 3rd Pursuit Squadron, Hell's Angels. Shapard was in the 2nd Squadron.
3. The bloodchit is not like the ones the AVG had issued to them. There's were verticle (yours is horizontal) and did not have the US flag on it.
4. The signature of Chennault does not look at all like his own. Although I can't see it clearly, it looks like they spelled that wrong also. It looks like Channaulte maybe.
5. The AVG logo jumping out of a red ribbon badge is a new one. Never saw that before.
6. The Patch looks similar (but not exact) to the 14th Air Force insignia. Not AVG.
7. The authenticity and dinner invitation are rather unusual.

Edited by LydiaRossi : February 6, 2014, 4:59 pm

avg jacket
BillC
I've seen this jacket before on ebay several years ago. Patches are a mix of AVG and the later groups(s).

avg jacket
dlmitx81
Looks like a jacket produced by AVIREX and sold by various distributors as collection editions. Often have mismatched patches and printed linings. Cockpit USA offers several "collectible" jackets

https://www.cockpitusa.com/new-flying-tigers

https://www.cockpitusa.com/tuskegee-jacket

Edited by dlmitx81 : August 9, 2014, 9:38 am

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
robertm, Shawn, dlmitx81, aaatripp, BradSmith, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, BenL, Radar21, RickDaniel, Charybdis, TigerNephew, SilverDollar, tibor, trickymicky52, MikeM1960, a2jacketpatches, markeyismarc, macmclean, RonBurkey, ljingya, sparks, Tiger5, Mrwizard00

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : avg jacket