Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Kentucky Bourbon

Threaded Mode | Print  

Kentucky Bourbon, sent bottles (6 Replies, Read 6740 times)
AHerbert
Group: Member
Post Group: Newbie
In the late '90s and early 2000s, I sent books to members of the A.V.G. to be autographed for my sons. I included a bottle of bourbon with them.  I would like to inform the family members that some of those bottles are quite valuable and were to be display bottles.
The 23 year old Pappy Van Winkle currently goes for $1500, the 20 year old is $1000. Of course I did not pay that for them.
If you can contact  the family of Tex Hill, I had sent him the 20 year old, gave him the 23 year old at the U.S.A.F. Museum in Ohio. That 23 year old bottle was a 1998 and may be worth +$3500 now.  He also had another bourbon in a box wrapped in paper.
Just didn't know if it had been passed on as to what they had.

Edited by AHerbert : April 2, 2016, 8:57 am
IP: --   

Kentucky Bourbon
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
Thank you for your inquiry......will check with the Tex Hill family.

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian
AVG Flying Tigers Association

Kentucky Bourbon
AHerbert
Ken Jernstedt , Chuck Older , for certain received the 20 year old. I gave Dick Rossi a magnum sized bottle of Northern Italian wine as he had said his father was from northern Italy. Also had sent a bottle of first year of Woodford Reserve to him, the wine was presented to him at Wright Patterson. Also met his wife and son there. I don't recall what I sent to Rode'.

Edited by AHerbert : April 3, 2016, 11:17 am

Kentucky Bourbon
AHerbert
This a bottle of 23 year old that the 23rd Fighter Group signed for me. Sorry, photo was too large and I do not see how to delete post

Edited by AHerbert : April 3, 2016, 11:24 am

Kentucky Bourbon
mickelman
What a great story! Thanks for posting it. I hope the lads drank the whiskey before they left us. Surely that's what whiskey's for!

Kentucky Bourbon
LydiaRossi
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
Herbert......
Thank you so much for those bottles of great liquor. Want you to know that we drank and enjoyed them! Dick really liked that bourbon.
That was very generous of you and Dick and I both appreciated it!!

Kentucky Bourbon
aaatripp
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
This is great news!

Lydia, thanks so much for your post.  It's remarkable to have this connection and feedback to Herbert regarding his generous gifts to the Tigers....

One of the truly amazing features of our AVG Forum!

Tripp

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, Historian
AVG Flying Tigers Association

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, aaatripp, LydiaRossi, BenL, RLWillett, mickelman, AHerbert

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Kentucky Bourbon