Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register  

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Charles N. "Chuck" Baisden - 3rd Sqdn Armorer

Threaded Mode | Print  

Charles N. "Chuck" Baisden - 3rd Sqdn Armorer, RIP Chuck - headed West on 21 Feb - we'll miss you (5 Replies, Read 3252 times)
aaatripp
Group: Moderator
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
The AVG Flying Tiger Association is deeply saddened and regrets to inform you that we heard late Tuesday night of the passing of our dear friend and Assn. VP, Chuck Baisden.  Chuck's dear wife, Willa, told us that he had a quiet day, went to sleep and will never wake as his heart has stopped....no pain, just a quiet glide to final approach & landing with his Tiger buddies.

Chuck preserved the wonderful memories of his life and wartime duty in his book Flying Tiger to Air Commando, which is still in print. 

God Bless You, Chuck.  You will be missed by all.  Our thoughts and prayers are with Willa, Jerry, Bill, Dan, Al, Kim, Matt as you prepare for Chuck's final salute.

Edited by aaatripp : February 27, 2017, 7:04 am

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association
IP: --   

Charles N. "Chuck" Baisden - 3rd Sqdn Armorer
mayor
Group: Member
Post Group: Working Member

If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong
R.I.P. Chuck, the last of a breed.

dlmitx81
Post Group: Newbie
Very sad to hear this and will keep Willa and family in our thoughts and prayers. I felt a bit of a kindred artistic spirit with Chuck and own a couple of bolo ties he had made. Our big yearly rodeo begins in about a week and I'll have several opportunities to wear the ties and share Chuck's memory and the AVG story.

LydiaRossi
Post Group: Elite Member

Widow of AVG pilot J. R. Rossi
We are all saddened by the loss of our dear Chuck Baisden. He was a man's man, a good friend, and loving husband to Willa. We will miss him. They are all together in heaven now.

aaatripp
Post Group: Super Member

cousin of Maax C. Hammer, Jr., AVG 22Sep41 RIP
The memorial service for Chuck Baisden was held on Saturday, the 25th, at the Wilmington Island
Presbyterian Church on the island where Willa & Chuck lived for 45 years.

RIP dear Chuck....husband, father, grandfather, Tiger and friend to many!

-----------------------
Tripp

Tripp Alyn, chair
Historical & Museums Committee
AVG Flying Tigers Association

Charybdis
Post Group: Newbie
Very sad to hear this.  A few years ago I purchased the book and it's personally autographed.  Prayers go out to his family.

« Previous    Next »

Threaded Mode | Print  

Jump To :

Members who read this topic
Shawn, dlmitx81, aaatripp, BillC, mayor, LydiaRossi, marathondon, BenL, Charybdis, AlanL, RonBurkey, Jmalford

Users viewing this topic
1 guests, 0 users.

You are here: Index > Flying Tigers AVG Public > Public Discussions > Topic : Charles N. "Chuck" Baisden - 3rd Sqdn Armorer